Monday, August 20, 2012

First ATCs




I went to my first Artist Trading Card, or ATC site and started working on the "Critters with Big Eyes" project. I wanted to get them all done before I entered the swap, just because I know how I can get when I make a commitment to something. My word puts too much pressure on me, and I tend not to follow through.  It's terrible, but I'm working on it.

Anyway, I picked this swap because it sounded like a good beginner one. How hard are critters? The host wanted it to be two dimensional, which made it simple. No embellishments to worry about, just draw a cute, tiny picture.

I put them all on some of my homemade paper (that comes from the old menus at work) and colored the background with India inks, and sharpies.

I like the way they turned out. The dog is my favorite because it's a cartoon of my dog, Izzy. The cat and frog are shapes I got off of my Cricut Sweethearts cartridge, I just added faces and color. I guess I can only turn out two images before I get bored of coming up with original ideas ;)

All in all, I think this will be a fun endeavor. It's like being back in school, and I find it easier to begin a project when there is a motivation behind it. And after seeing the other cards...I'm going to try harder next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment