Friday, September 28, 2012

Paper Making

This is what it looks like when I make paper. In a few years I hope to have my own serious workshop space. A dreamy land filled with woodworking tools, a welding station, and plenty of drying racks. I want to be able to build the frames for the paper making. 
 

What you see in the photos is an Arnold Grummer's kit I bought on Amazon for like $30 and the pages are only 8 x 5.5. In my future I'll be able to make poster sized sheets and I'll have a sink and a mixer big enough for all that pulp. 



 I guess I forgot to take pictures of the sponge and couch sheet parts. You have to press all the water out, naturally. I typically do 3-4 pages a day before I get tired of pressing when the counter top is almost taller than I am. But the other day I felt the urge of a dedicated factory worker and made 10! Record setting, I know.
I'm crazy about paper, always have been. It's pretty cool to find out you never have to waste another sheet just because you wrote something stupid on it. Just make it a new piece! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment